Please Bark is a game that revolves around the player and how they choose to live with a magical curse that not only threatens their manhood, but their very humanity! Though the main character starts out hopeless, with your wise guidance he will be able to learn more about the world and himself as well as level up various sexual skills and unlock useful perks that will aid you in your quest (or in simply having a fun time).
At the moment there are only a few areas to explore and a small amount of sexy content. You might encounter placeholders or blank pages, if there is no link to continue then you can use the back button and that should be a good workaround. I suggest saving often just in case so you don't lose progress.
There is a lot of planned fetish content including transgender, bdsm, voyeurism, watersports, anthro, etc. I can't make filters for everything but I understand that everyone is different and I don't want anyone to feel forced into playing content they don't enjoy so there will be explicit options to avoid said content and everyone can have a fun experience.
Since there are likely a lot of bugs the back button is availible if you get stuck or want to //experiment//. Please post any bug reports in the discussion thread. There may also be a lot of placeholder events and unfinished stories.
Thank you for trying it out! - Ada Shu
PS- Changelogs can be found on the first page of the linked discussion thread.
- Variety of sexy content for girls and boys
- 1 job available (Park)
- Indepth character descriptions
- Many stats that affect how events play out
- Cheat: Free money is available at Bank
- Cheat: Back arrow is available as well
The plot is currently indescribably brilliant.
The characters are currently indescribably relatable, lovable, and cuddly. Except for the MC, he is kind of a douche atm.
Clicking the Guidebook tab will give you information on what your primary stats do as well as a 'quest log'.
This is a really good start. The changes are a bit slow, and there was little direction on what I could do to trigger any plot point besides sleep, wander, and hit the movie theater when it appeared. Still, a fine game so far, and I hope it updates soon.
Even in its incomplete form it's more finished than many games here. The slow pace is a nice change compared to the 'poof' transformations that can happen often here. Let's hope the updates keep coming!
Update. The game is better organized but progression from one level to another is very slow. Only a very few repetitive actions are available. The only changes I see occuring in the text is the descripton of the MC. Kayla attribute is listed as Kayla/100. So affection for her doesn't seem to progress.
The game can be very good if the progression is faster and more actions with varied progessive text is included. An example would be spying on the couple in the park. At some point if caught and the MC is female enough the couple could ask her to join them or the guy catches the MC and do something to the MC.
What a great game so far and really enjoyed it, i hope new updates and content are coming, keep up the great work!
I really like where this seems to be going. I hope the developer keeps working on it.
Let me just say up front: THANK YOU for making a game where we can choose to stay male. That’s practically non-existant.
Aside from the obvious WIP bugs:
- 0.11: We seem to have lost the tavern from a previous version to continue the story.
- Made it to level 2, nothing happened... Was I supposed to get a perk or... anything?
- Can't see our fetish/kink levels like we could in the last version. At least until the writing is finished to be clear what does what to us, that would be helpful.
- I’ve played several hours, and aside from some dreaming as a canine of some type, I don’t seem to be transforming into anything except the male/female swinging. I assume either I missed it or it’s just planned for future releases…?
- 0.11: The random event where you watch the dogs bang seems to be missing?
- 0.11: “Error: cannot execute macro <<display>>: String contains an invalid character” appears on the screen where you see yourself in the puddle and chose to concentrate on masculinity or femininity. I chose masculinity and the dream/changes don’t occur that night like it did in previous versions.
The only constructive criticism I can offer is that absolutely EVERYTHING seems to be random events. While randomness is essential to pretty much all modern video gaming, I can’t seem to CHOOSE anything either. Not which kinks I get into, not when I transform, not which jobs I can do, not which dreams I get, NOTHING. I spend most of my time wandering around just trying to get random events to trigger. There should be the option to go looking/trying for certain events.
As of 0.11 the total (very low) randomness remains. There are simply not enough events happening--several game days can go by and nothing is triggered. While we appreciate this is a WIP and there are probably many things to come, for the purpose of testing/debugging/just playing in general please up the rate at which stuff happens or give us the optionto attempt/look for specific events.