George's Tall and Short Tale v:0.1.1.0[In Development]

Discussions, ideas, and brainstorming sessions!

Moderators: Vengeance1701, IGDB Moderators

mayotta
Sexy School Girl

IGDB Information
Games Authored: 1

Can be Transformed: Yes

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Seductive Vampiress

George's Tall and Short Tale v:0.1.1.0[In Development]

Post by mayotta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:22 am

Game Engine: HTML

This is a simple Mind control Transformation story. I am using it as way to learn Twine 2.0 with SugarCube 2.0.
Planning to make weekly updates (note they will not always be large.

Meet George he is a a nice guy and a bit of a push over.

Game can be downloaded:
Version 0.1.1.0

EDIT HISTORY
Spoiler:
[*]5 Jan 2017 Initial release v 0.1.0.0
[*]5 Jan 2017 Fixed spelling problems and two bad links v0.1.0.1
[*]6 Jan 2017 Added images, added game start segment, connected intro that somehow was missed before. Fixed a link bug v0.1.1.0
Planned for next release v0.1.2.0:
Spoiler:
[*]interaction with sister in bathroom
[*]implement Lust & Horny system
[*]Add images
Last edited by mayotta on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

mayotta
Sexy School Girl

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Seductive Vampiress

Re: George's Tall and Short Tale v:0.1.0.0[In Development]

Post by mayotta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 am

From the game page Review
Review by Tyamor666
Flag this Review

Version reviewed: 0.1.0.0 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 am

I understand that creating a game is a lot of hard work, and I understand that you're starting start to learn how to use twine, but for God's sake man, don't just slap together some text and call it a game. Here's a list of your sins:
Thank you for taking some time and posting a review, negative reviews are just as valuable if not more so than positive ones as long as they are mean spirited.
-The grammer in this game is horrible, downright painful, and the spelling is middle school-tier at best. If you're not sure how to spell a word, google it. Don't just guess.
I am sorry I totally own this, I used 2 tools and one doesn't have spellcheck. As for spelling well lets just say I have a pretty bad case of dyslexia and even googling can leave me stumped. As for the Grammar I am working on it and I am sorry it is so bad for you.
-There's a total of I think two pictures in this game, one of a messy room, and one of a family from what looks like the 30's. The first photo is used well, and helps convey a sense of location. The second is meaningless.
I assume you mean the one in the hallway, right now it doesn't have a lot of meaning but as more of the TF content comes into play the images in the hallway will matter more. I guess you could say it may be a bit premature.
-If you're going to upload a game to a websit called TFGamesSite, at least have a single TF in your game.
There is TF in the game right now it is not complete I am hoping to have the first TF check in for the player to notice this week. Look at the stats in game to see some changes (debugging stats are shown right now).
-You're not going to get sued for using "YouTube" in a game. You don't have to use "UTube"
I am not willing to take the chance, and since its my potential butt on the line I would prefer not to have it be a worry.
-Oh actually I was wrong, there's more than two pics. There's four. The other two are memes.
At this time there are 5 images but yes 2 are memes.
-The player can do like, three things. Move to a few rooms, attempt to use a computer, and peek on your sister. Thats it.
Slightly more than that(but not a lot) but until the lust/horny engine is working there isn't a lot more extra I want to add in area wise as actions will be driven by the values in the engine.
So to sum it all up, get back to the drawing board, and don't post a game until it has at least some features. And for Christ's sake, use some spellcheck.
I am working on the next update now and will be posting it either tomorrow night or the night after that.

My interest is in getting the core out and getting feedback so I will know if I am heading in a direction that people like. If people like it then I will be motivated to work on it more.

frustratedbuffalo
Bonnie Lass

Pronoun: Not Telling

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Beautiful Barbarian

Post by frustratedbuffalo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 am

The plot of this game seems interesting, keep going.

mayotta
Sexy School Girl

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Seductive Vampiress

Post by mayotta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:24 am

frustratedbuffalo wrote:The plot of this game seems interesting, keep going.
Thank you I took a look and found some of the errors that were mentioned and fixed them. I will be continuing with the development. :D

dhccpmc
Seductive Succubus

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Bikini Babe

Re: George's Tall and Short Tale v:0.1.0.1[In Development]

Post by dhccpmc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 am

Can you do anything at all yet other than peek at your mom and sister?
I certainly don't mind the occasional tf ;)

mayotta
Sexy School Girl

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Seductive Vampiress

Post by mayotta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:46 am

dhccpmc wrote:Can you do anything at all yet other than peek at your mom and sister?
At this time the peeking and lust generators are all there is. Look for the update tomorrow. Conversations with your Sister and a few more ticks to corrupt and or increase your lust/horniness.

SecretVoice

Post by SecretVoice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 am

Oi, don't know if you noticed, but someone was shitting over your game.

I just wanted to say, don't listen to that crap. Too many games are being abandoned because of that, keep trying and learn! :D

I'll be trying it after some more updates.

RedGhost
Hunks in Trunks

Pronoun: He/Him/His

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Wasteland Scavenger

Post by RedGhost » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 am

Hello! I usually do a review first and maybe a forum comment after, but Blauz. has me on a different plan at the moment so here I am. :)

I think I can see your plan behind this game, so good job on getting something started! Yes there is work to do, but hey it is a concept release right now so I understand.

Please keep going. We'll try to offer you feedback as we can.
Brains and bondage: more commonly found together than you'd think.

[If your game is hosted only on 4shared, I'll never play it: host location is banned in my country.]

Rfpnj
Seductive Vampiress

Forum Moderator
Pronoun: He/Him/His

IGDB Information
TFGS Patreon Supporter

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Finishing Student

Post by Rfpnj » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:45 am

I applaud you for taking a chance at writing a game. As IGDB mod I do think that a bit of a delay would have been better before release. With that said I will leave the game in place to give you a chance to enlarge the TF content. Please keep in mind that themes are for content currently in the game, and not for planned content.
Twine coder, Forum/DB moderator. Therapist tipjar

mayotta
Sexy School Girl

IGDB Information

Last Pointshop Avatar:

Seductive Vampiress

Post by mayotta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:04 pm

SecretVoice wrote:Oi, don't know if you noticed, but someone was shitting over your game.
There seems to be a small group of people who do that and yet they won't post in the thread here on the BBS side, even when the issues they raise are good its hard to do anything about them as there is no mechinism to respond to a posted review on the game posting.
I just wanted to say, don't listen to that crap. Too many games are being abandoned because of that, keep trying and learn! :D
As bad as some of the posts are there is some nugget of trutth in them so I read them and try to move them over here where I can respond to them.
I'll be trying it after some more updates.
Awesome thank you the more feedback the better for me.

Post Reply View in IGDB